CONTACT OUR FIRM
Why Hire A Board-Certified Attorney
A denied workers’ compensation claim is among the most common reasons why an injured worker enlists the services of a workers’ compensation attorney, but there are a number of other reasons to make that call. These include:
- Insufficient benefits — Injured workers have a right to receive full reimbursement for medical costs, but insurance providers often offer lump-sum settlements or other payments that do not cover the costs incurred.
- Early termination of benefits — Often, an insurance provider will determine that a worker has reached maximum medical improvement (MMI), triggering the cessation of temporary disability payments and a determination of whether an injured worker is permanently or partially impaired. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer will ensure that you maximize the amount of disability benefits once you have reached MMI.
- Disability benefits dispute — Insurance providers will do everything possible to get you back on the job even if you feel unable to do the work. I will protect your rights in this situation.
- Retaliation — If you believe you have lost your job, been demoted, had your wages reduced or lost hours as a direct result of filing a workers’ comp claim, a knowledgeable lawyer can help you fight back.
- Possible third-party lawsuit — If your injury directly resulted from negligence on the part of a third party (such as a contractor) or defective equipment, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit in addition to your workers’ compensation claim. I have extensive experience representing injured clients in personal injury lawsuits.
Board Certification Is Your Assurance Of Quality Representation
It’s no secret that insurance providers work to minimize the amount of money they pay out in workers’ compensation and disability benefits. Injured workers need an equally assertive and knowledgeable advocate on their side.
I am Branch W. Vincent III, founder of the Vincent Law Firm, P.C. in Southern Shores. I have represented injured parties in workers’ compensation cases since 1986. I was among the first lawyers in the state to be certified in workers’ compensation by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization, a confirmation of professional accomplishment that I have held since 2000.
Certification is a peer-reviewed process that assures my clients I have demonstrated special knowledge, skill and proficiency in workers’ compensation law. I passed an additional exam and continue to meet strict requirements, including demonstrating substantial practice experience, an in-depth knowledge and a commitment to complete continuing legal education on this area of law.
I now sit on the Workers’ Compensation Specialty Committee, which processes applications for people who want to become certified specialists.
Contact Vincent Law Firm, P.C.
The outcome of a workers’ compensation benefits dispute often impacts an injured party’s financial situation for the rest of his or her life. It is imperative to have a strong legal advocate on your side. Contact me to schedule a free consultation. I will review the facts of your case and recommend the best course of action.
I work with clients throughout Dare County, as well as Camden and Currituck counties and beyond. I accept these cases on a contingency basis, which means you will only pay an attorney fee if I recover compensation for you.